It's A Small Small World

Brought to you exclusively by Dual Mom on
I started blogging to bitch about the “other woman” in my kids lives - Ex’s girlfriend. I had been reading some “stepmom” blogs for awhile and thought blogging would be a stupendous way for me to try and see things from the other side of the fence. Go way back in the archives if you want to read about this. Ironically enough, my writing has sort of morphed into something else and it’s been quite some time since I’ve written about my fondest dreams for this woman to come down with a raging case of Pox/STD/parasitic bowel disease frustrations with this woman.


Then I started getting comments. I responded to the comments. I discovered all of these hilarious writers who made me spew coffee on my keyboard , who could brighten my day with a tale of their own ineptness or various mommy fails (I’m totally laughing with you ...not at you). My last post was all about my plan to meet these fabtastic people should the opportunity ever present itself.

Karma/fate/destiny is a funny thing.

On that very post I received this comment:

MNM: I didn't know you were Canadian too!! I assume west of Montreal, I live in the Maritimes!

No, as a matter of fact, I’m not west of Montreal – so I responded:

Me: WHAT? No you're not!!!!!!!!!! Me too! Holy shit where are you?

For those that don’t know, the “Maritimes” includes four provinces, some of them fairly large. I never in a million years saw what was coming next.

MNM: FUCK OFF! I’m in xxx. (Which surprised the hell out of me because this blogger does not curse often)

ME: LOL I'm pissing myself laughing right now. You know, being that we're BOTH from the same small town we probably know each other!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is hilarious Deb. We're so going for drinks!!!!

MNM: I grew up somewhere else so I don't know that many people, not like I would if I had grown up here so we probably don't know each other but drinks sounds great! Where in the hell are you ? I live on "this" road.

ME: Holy fuck Deb...I'm literally 4 blocks from you right now at "work". I jog on your street on a regular basis in the summer. I probably drive by your house ALL the time.

MNS: OMG, I know someone you work with, we bought our house from "him"! WTF!!!!

ME: I know that house!!! Seriously? I'm dying here, this is just too weird. I was just in "his" office talking to him. I've been IN your house!! Is it crazy that I'm excited that a fellow blogger actually lives in the same city?

And so it goes. What’s the chances that on the same day you blog about your desire to “know” some of your fellow bloggers, what are the chances that on that very SAME day you discover one of them down the road....literally? In a house that you have been in, which she had purchased from your boss. The chances are probably about as slim as the chances of me winning the lottery (I so fucking didn’t by the way).

The whole thing made me giddy. Oh my god I get to meet a fellow blogger!

So the big question was – what the hell do I wear?

Want to check out Meno Mom’s side of the story? It's HERE!

Did we meet? Damn straight we did. She refers to it as a “blind date” and that’s exactly what it felt like! Check back tomorrow for the details.

47 comments:

Unknown said...
March 1, 2010 at 6:55 AM

Luuuuuuuuuuurve this! I've sensed a whole revolution thing happening lately with bloggy mummies hooking up! Not in a rude way, but just like if you had the op to meet up with a pen pal. I love it.

Hope you gals have a blast!

Liz Mays said...
March 1, 2010 at 7:04 AM

I can't believe this!!!!! What are the odds? Crazy!

Quixotic said...
March 1, 2010 at 7:20 AM

That is awesome! I so thought for a minute there she was going to be the Ex's girlfriend.. that would've been gold... :oP

Dee said...
March 1, 2010 at 7:23 AM

Awww that's great boo! I wish I could meet someone in this small ass town on here! Lol... I'm so happy for the both of you! Now I'm off to check out her blog! I hope y'all took pics!

MrsBlogAlot said...
March 1, 2010 at 7:49 AM

How freakishly awesome is that? Wow.

You never know....Keep playing the lottery!!!!

Lee said...
March 1, 2010 at 8:34 AM

That's one of the great things about blogging...have had several blind dates. In fact, going for a girls blogging weekend this weekend!!

Anonymous said...
March 1, 2010 at 8:42 AM

Wow. That's kinda scary in a stalkerish way, but I hope you made a new friend!

Canadian Blend said...
March 1, 2010 at 9:24 AM

I've met several of the bloggers I read and It's always been a good time. (It likely helps that I read people who share the same political leanings and outlook on life I have.)

Aunt Becky said...
March 1, 2010 at 9:30 AM

That's WICKED awesome. I'm so jealous. I don't know ANYONE from around here. Or if I do, they haven't delurked.

Kat said...
March 1, 2010 at 9:34 AM

This story is just wayyyyy tooo cute!

BigSis said...
March 1, 2010 at 9:41 AM

That is so cool. I would love to meet someone locally!

Anonymous said...
March 1, 2010 at 9:47 AM

Small world...synchronicity. Hope you guys had a blast!

Ducky said...
March 1, 2010 at 10:30 AM

Okay...so heres the deal...I decide to NOT drink coffee while blog reading because I was choking and spewing way too often. Wastes a lot of caffeine that way.

So I switched to gum. I pop along as I read...until I get to MNM saying FUCK OFF!

Just snorted and now there is gum lodged in my nasal cavity. Jerk

I would be worried too about what to wear. Honestly, in the end I'm sure I would've gone with yoga pants and an oversized long sleeve t. That's my staple. You don't love me like that you can piss off....yanno?!?

Can't wait for part two!

Menopausal New Mom said...
March 1, 2010 at 10:32 AM

Okay, I'm laughing out loud at Daffy and just for the record, YES I DO SWEAR...... A LOT.

Had the best teacher years ago at work, sweetest little girl who swore like a truck driver and I'm a great student :)

I'm looking forward to Part II as well!

Anonymous said...
March 1, 2010 at 10:40 AM

Wow that is just too strange! It Definitely IS a small world :) I am going over to read her side of story too. Can't wait to hear how your date went. Did you get felt up?

Scribe said...
March 1, 2010 at 10:40 AM

That's all sorts of weird, wild, scary and exciting all rolled into one!

I would have gone for it too. I like me a little adventure!

Logical Libby said...
March 1, 2010 at 10:41 AM

It's stalkerish, but in a fun way...

Unknown said...
March 1, 2010 at 11:12 AM

oh i am in! can't wsit for the next installment.

btw, i am in canada but not the maritimes.

Unknown said...
March 1, 2010 at 11:29 AM

That's way cool!
I'd love to meet some of my bloggy friends. Loved this post...
I haven't checked my tickets yet... maybe I won :)

GunDiva said...
March 1, 2010 at 11:43 AM

That's insane, DM! It's kind of creepy how small the world is, isn't it? I'm glad you and MNM managed to hook up and I'm dying to hear about your blind date!

The Only Girl said...
March 1, 2010 at 12:03 PM

Wow - what are the chances!?! So cool. Can't wait to hear how it ends.

Anonymous said...
March 1, 2010 at 12:09 PM

I have met a few internet friends IRL and it is a fun adventure! You must tell us more about your "date".

Traci said...
March 1, 2010 at 1:05 PM

How fun! I came right over here to "meet" you after reading Meno Mom's funny account. So glad to find you. I shall be following from here on out!
:-)
Traci

Anonymous said...
March 1, 2010 at 1:12 PM

OMG! That is so way cool.. Cant wait to hear about it!

BTW - I am completely bummed you didnt win. =(

damn lottery anyway.

Unknown said...
March 1, 2010 at 1:20 PM

I can't wait for part 2. This is so cool! And yes--it is a blind date! I'd have been stressed about what to wear, too!

SPEAKING FROM THE CRIB said...
March 1, 2010 at 1:38 PM

this is insane! what are the chances? i knew some of friends IRL and knew they had blogs but then once i started a blog too, it just made us that much closer.

Mae Rae said...
March 1, 2010 at 2:28 PM

holy crap, that is awesome. I can't wait to read the rest of the story. I am on my way to a meeting right now and don't want to go, I want to stay right here and keep reading...

Aunt Juicebox said...
March 1, 2010 at 2:37 PM

I think this is pretty cool. I don't live in Canada, so I can't very well ask you if you live across the street from me, but I wish like hell you did.

Unknown said...
March 1, 2010 at 3:10 PM

This is so cool! I recently connected with a blogger that could be my bloggie twin but she lives no where near me....
I envy you two!
BTW...I have something over on my blog for you!!

kyooty said...
March 1, 2010 at 3:10 PM

LOl of course you'll tell us everything right?

Macey said...
March 1, 2010 at 3:24 PM

OMG! How freakin' awesome is that??!!

KCSherri said...
March 1, 2010 at 3:25 PM

That? Is freaky. :)

Danielle said...
March 1, 2010 at 3:58 PM

That is insane! Awesome!

Anonymous said...
March 1, 2010 at 4:56 PM

that's so cool!

Anonymous said...
March 1, 2010 at 6:41 PM

That is lucky and it sounds like you'll have fun.

Secretia

Tina said...
March 1, 2010 at 7:25 PM

You have an award waiting for you at my blog - check it out!! :)

Linda Medrano said...
March 1, 2010 at 8:30 PM

Wow! But, I'm truly disappointed that you didn't win the lottery! (Keeping our priorities straight here.)

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...
March 1, 2010 at 10:10 PM

This is just too dang funny! This Ozarks farm chick would go on this kinda blind date in a heartbeat. Heck I married the last blind date I went on!!!

Hangin' on for part two down here in the hills and hollers of the Missouri Ponderosa!!!

Lisa said...
March 1, 2010 at 10:12 PM

thanks for stopping by and following me!

I am a HAPPILY divorced woman who "shares" (and we will use the word here loosely) custody of my Macs (my sons) for almost 10 years. Well it's shared custody if you count me having them 95+% of the time with little or no financial support. Hope to read more on your blog.

:)

Jen said...
March 1, 2010 at 11:38 PM

I want to meet a real live blogger. I've only met one and she didn't have a blog then so that doesn't really count.

What a small world it is!

Laura said...
March 2, 2010 at 10:57 AM

How freakin cool. I would would be so absolutely giddy!

June said...
March 2, 2010 at 11:46 AM

That is so awesome!
I can't wait to see the follow-up posts.

I am meeting one of my BB Peeps/Blog Buddy tomorrow and can't wait!

Everyday Kathy said...
March 2, 2010 at 1:31 PM

That is totally fun! I'll be back for part 2!

Kathy over at Everyday Bliss
http://blisspot.blogspot.com

sarah @ i run with scissors said...
March 2, 2010 at 4:29 PM

Found your blog through Insatiable Host and LOVE IT!!!! I'm always looking for blogs from fabulous gals with some wicked 'tude.

Oh... and of course the fact your Canadian helps. Looking forward to reading more.

Corrie Howe said...
March 2, 2010 at 6:49 PM

Cool. Looking forward to reading about your meeting. I met a near-by blogger. It was fun. She is exactly the same in person.

gayle said...
March 3, 2010 at 12:51 AM

Omg omg You are Both so lucky!!!! I love Deb and you!!! I am so happy for you both... can't wait to read more!! Gotta go to be though!!!

Tammy said...
March 3, 2010 at 11:09 PM

I just had to come over and meet you. I love Deb and I love your story. It is too comical. We live in a very small world. Deb is so encouraging and I love when she stops by to say hi. She has become one of my best blogging buddies!