It's A Small Small World - The Rest of the Story

Brought to you exclusively by Dual Mom on
Ok folks, just let me clear away the snotty tissue and pieces of lung I’ve managed to hack up and we’ll get to the second part of my blogger meet up story.

So Menomom and I decided to meet Friday for lunch at a local Thai place. Remember Friday when Mr. Fucktard ruined my morning? Yeah that Friday. So it was an UBER important day right? I had to make a good impression on Menomom. How does one do that when they don’t have time to wash their hair in the morning or pick out a blogger-meet appropriate outfit? Oh the pressure.....

We emailed several times during the morning as the actual time wasn’t nailed down. Menomom had to make arrangements for the little one and after a bit of back and forthing via email we decided on 12:30.

I arrive at the restaurant and feel as though I’m going to throw up. I expect to hurl chunks at any moment. Seriously? Seriously? I give presentations in front of crowds of people. I can speak off the cuff to a group at the drop of a hat. I can bullshit like nobody’s business. Dual Mom does not get nervous. I just wanted to run and hide I was so nervous about this meeting. Here’s the thoughts as they ran through my head.

Oh dear, what if she hates me.

Oh crap, what if I drop food on my shirt.

What if we have nothing in common?

What if she smells bad? What IF I smell bad?

What if I say something that pisses her off?

What if she tells the whole blogging world that I’m a big loser with bad hair?

What if she doesn’t like me?

I hang my head with shame at these thoughts. You see, I may appear to have a very fuckyou attitude, but deep down, I, like most people, really do want people to like me. There I’ve said it, it won’t be uttered again.

There was a lady standing in the restaurant when I entered and I smiled timidly her way. She proceeded to scowl at me and throw eye darts my way and I just prayed it wasn’t Menomom. Nope, not her.

As I stood by the door of the restaurant I spotted an SUV pull in the lot. And there she was coming in the door. Huge smile and really large, beautiful, brown eyes; that was my very first impression. I also wondered why she didn’t look as though she wanted to hurl chunks.

We hugged and as we walked up to the counter to place our order she said it. The thing that made the butterlies go away and assured me that this was going to be better than ok. She said, “I feel as though I’m on a blind date”. I laughed. What else could I do, tell her I felt like I was going to throw up all over her? (Yeah,that’s how I felt Deb)

She then asked me if I had the Lose It Bitch scale in my purse. I so wish I had of had the LIB scale in my purse.

She ordered Pepsi with full sugar and proceeded to look at me sideways daring me to say something. I knew she’d probably throat chop me if I said anything. I ordered diet and kept my mouth shut. We spent two hours chatting and laughing. I couldn’t tell you what we chatted about – the blogging world, our own reasons for blogging, kids, weight loss, life.

She has what I like to refer to as a very subtle sense of humour. She’ll say something straight faced that has you pissing your pants laughing. This is totally different from my sense of humour. I tend to beat people over the head with it just to make sure they get the point.

She’s very much like her writing, if that makes any sense at all.

Life is about experiences right? A great life, in my mind, is about the culmination of great moments. It was a great moment meeting up with Deb.

We had a glass of wine together Saturday evening before I rushed off to a work function. I just wanted to sit in her beautiful home on her comfy couch drinking wine for the evening. Drinking wine in the presence of good company is one of life’s finest treats. I did make a mental note never to invite her over to my 1100 square foot home, being that she called her place “small”. (Yeah, pretty sure any home with THREE freaking bathrooms Deb can’t be called small you kook).

And she just sent me an email offering to bring me chicken soup. I think that about says it all, don’t you?

Now go over here and read Deb's take on it!

29 comments:

adrienzgirl said...
March 3, 2010 at 12:14 AM

OMG! I am so glad that your meeting up was cool. I would hate to hear that you actually threw up on her!

Good God woman get a hold of yourself! BTW - TOTALLY JEALOUS!

Dee said...
March 3, 2010 at 12:16 AM

Awww sounds fun! I'm so jealous! I wish I could find someone from BFE North Carolina on here lol. You two really have to take a pic of the two of you for us all to see!

Respectfully Yours said...
March 3, 2010 at 12:36 AM

Sounds like a great meeting. Just popped by via your new friend. I am now following you.

Come by for a visit sometime...

GunDiva said...
March 3, 2010 at 1:16 AM

:) I'm so excited that you two got together!

Anonymous said...
March 3, 2010 at 1:30 AM

So glad you didnt puke on her! That would have been slightly awkward.

She sounds like an awesome person. Glad you 2 hit it off!

SurferWife said...
March 3, 2010 at 2:04 AM

Isn't it super crazy when online and real life come crashing together?

Can you hurry up and win the lottery now? Thanks.

Anonymous said...
March 3, 2010 at 2:14 AM

i gave u a blog award over on my blog!

Unknown said...
March 3, 2010 at 2:44 AM

Deb is wonderful. I'm so happy that you both had a chance to meet face to face. That's what good friendships are made of...laughs and breaking the ice together.

Laura said...
March 3, 2010 at 2:59 AM

How wonderful to have found such an amazing friend locally and that you found each other via blogging.

Everyday Kathy said...
March 3, 2010 at 5:14 AM

Wow sounds really fun. My immediate thought was how the hell would I ever get two whole hours out by myself to talk to someone... yeah I must work on this whole babysitter thing.... Really freakin' awesome! Thanks for sharing it all with us!

Anonymous said...
March 3, 2010 at 8:13 AM

How nice you could have a new friend so close by!

Anonymous said...
March 3, 2010 at 8:13 AM

How nice you could have a new friend so close by!

Lee said...
March 3, 2010 at 8:34 AM

That is SO awesome!! I love that ya'll live that close and are already such great friends!!

KaLynn ("MiMi") said...
March 3, 2010 at 9:18 AM

This is too cool!! I came over from Deb's and think I just may stay!! Making new friends is awesome and getting to really know friends you already know is even better!! Congrats on the new "new" friendship between you two!!

Ducky said...
March 3, 2010 at 10:25 AM

What a beautiful beginning...some blind dates really do turn out well.

So, there will be a second date?

Danielle said...
March 3, 2010 at 11:22 AM

That is awesome. It is intimidating meeting a blogging buddy for the first time. If they hate you, your blogging career could be over! :)

The Only Girl said...
March 3, 2010 at 12:04 PM

I love a happy ending! Wish I could meet up with some of my bloggy besties - so jealous.

Aunt Juicebox said...
March 3, 2010 at 12:26 PM

I am boycotting Canada! You both need to move closer to me. Yeah, cuz it's all about ME. That and I hate snow and my French sucks. How's that for humor? ;)

Macey said...
March 3, 2010 at 1:40 PM

That sounds so fun! I'm jealous. What's with all these bloggers being IRL friends, now? Huh? I'm getting left out. I live by bloggers and I never get to meet them. Cuz they don't want to meet me, I guess? Fine. Whatevah!

Unknown said...
March 3, 2010 at 2:28 PM

awwww! I am so glad you guys connected IRL (in real life). I love this story's ending, even though it sounds like it's just the beginning. I am thrilled for you both.

Now I just hope our Snarkler weekend goes as smoothly....

;-)

Linda Medrano said...
March 3, 2010 at 4:57 PM

Of ocurse she loved you knuckle head! I love you! Who wouldn't love you? Excuse me? You are obviously a total delight!

June said...
March 3, 2010 at 9:31 PM

Not only did you have lunch with her but you got to go to her beautifully restored antique home and drink wine on her comfy couch???

Damn, I am sooooo jealous.

And by the way you didn't type one swear word in this post - you even wrote "Crap"... I actually had to do a double take on that!

Anonymous said...
March 3, 2010 at 9:44 PM

that's quite awesome!

Liz Mays said...
March 4, 2010 at 2:13 PM

Absolutely too cool! I was so nervous before meeting my first fellow bloggers and then I realized what for? It was awesome! I have friends for life from blogging!

Anonymous said...
March 4, 2010 at 3:50 PM

Fist time visitor here---stopping in because after reading Deb's take-I had to come get your scoop too!

VERY cool. Great story!

Anonymous said...
March 4, 2010 at 11:37 PM

That sentence "Drinking wine in the presence of good company is one of life’s finest treats." Is just so fucking true.

I wait for those moments. I will go read her take next. So fun that you got to meet a fellow blogger! I've yet to do so.

Stephanie said...
March 6, 2010 at 11:33 PM

Just came oer from Deb's! So fabulous that you two met. This blogging community is such an amazing place!
I wish you had stored those scales in your purse too! LOL That would have been hilarious:)

gayle said...
March 7, 2010 at 12:02 AM

I am so glad you girls had such a great time together!!

A GAL NEEDS... said...
March 14, 2010 at 2:53 PM

I'm over from Deb's blog to find out your side of the story! New follower! Fun stuff.